CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blessed

I'm dedicating this blog as sort of a huge THANKS to God for all that he has done for Tim and I over the past few months. I got back from running with a friend yesterday and it just sort of hit me how blessed we are.
Our lives took a turn back in early March when Tim started talking to me about moving up to North Carolina. I was very much against it at first---I mean, who wants to leave the comfort of home, great friends, family and job to go and live 500 miles away? So the praying began. It was very simple: open the right doors for us, help us to listen to You. Once we found our house in April it began to sink in that we were REALLY moving away! It was then that I realized that I had no friends up here, no crossfit (our gym where we've worked out and trained for over a year), no home church, NO TARGET or anything else that I'm used too. My praying grew a little more specific: give me just one friend, help us find a wonderful church, please let me find a job, help me with homesickness...what will I do without a Target around?
It's now close to the end of September and Tim and I feel a little more settled in. We've been able to meet some really nice people up here! We've found a church that we both really like, I've got a couple of girlfriends (not just the one I had prayed for), we've found people that are into fitness like we are (and will do the bootcamp we're hoping to start in a couple of weeks), I now have a job (yay!!!), I have someone to run with in the mornings, I haven't been really homesick in weeks---and the last time I went home to GA I really missed being up here! And lastly, Target's only 40 minutes away, and Wal-mart's not THAT bad.
God really is good, and He absolutely has the best interest of all of our hearts. He does hear us when we pray, but chooses when the answers come. He is full of love and wants the best for us. He expects us to listen to Him when He speaks and to follow where He leads. It's so simple...yet why do we sometimes make it so hard? I've learned that just because God may not answer a prayer in a week (or in 4 weeks) that it's ok. He probably has answered it in a way that I wasn't aware of...an even better way. I encourage you all to stay steadfast in your prayers, because God really and truly is good.

1 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like you are truly happy! I am thrilled for you!
Take care!

Jill